Saturday, December 24, 2011

All of The Lights




So…Its the day before Christmas Yaay!.  Everyone is out and about doing their last minute shopping, flying out to be with family, dinner preparations. Christmas has always made me feel super happy unlike any other holiday. I find Christmas decorations so fascinating especially in NYC; the lights, window displays at stores, beautifully decorated Christmas trees especially the one at Rockefeller Center, which I have yet to see. Walking in the city feels like walking through a fairy tale.
As I sat at work yesterday, I found myself so concentrated on the Christmas tree before the lights were plugged in. There was no life. It didn’t feel like Christmas. It was just a sad ole’ tree standing in front of me. I realized that I was getting so caught up with excitement by the “Christmassy” things around me and defined it as Christmas. I wondered, what would Christmas be like if there were no lights and decorations. I was so fascinated with the “lights” that I was forgetting the real reason for the season; Jesus “the light of the world”. Shame on me!

Awesomtacity:  Lets all put more focus on celebrating the true Light Of The World; Our Gift; Jesus, and not make this the only time of the year that we put effort in spreading love and giving gifts. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! ….. XMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment